When Dorothy famously triumphed over the Wicked Witch of the West, we only ever heard one side of the story. Gregory Maguire‘s acclaimed 1995 novel, ‘Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West’, re-imagines the Land of Oz, creating a parallel universe to the familiar story written by L. Frank Baum and first published as ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’ in 1900.
Show Length 165 Minutes
Recommended Minimum Age 7+
Seen by 21 fans
What they loved
- Inventive plot, big belting numbers
- Incredible from start to finish - set design was outstanding and they kept fairly close to the book even with paring it down
- It's a modern classic telling an entirely new but somewhat familiar story. Really strong performances
- Its parallel story to Wizard of Oz
- I loved the music, the costumes, the sets, the story. Everything. It is a phenomenal show!
- The music and story are both brilliant!
- Everything! Amazing story and unforgettable soundtrack
- Incredible music, costumes, original story
- Amazing special effects. Modern with catchy but also a complex score.
- Love this show
- I know what I like, when she got up and flew and there was all smoke and the song was amazing
- The spellbinding story, incredible sets, absolute bops. Meaningful, emotional, beautiful.
Seen by 21 fans
What they didn't enjoy
- I’d forgotten some of the backstory
- When we saw it Galinda was played by a lady with quite an annoying voice. We did see it on tour though.
- It was a bit long but I can remember a lot of it in my head but I know more songs from other musicals ive been too after