Opening the curtains to Dress Circle
Posted in Dress Circle Announcement24 May 2022
Posted in Dress Circle Announcement
24 May 2022
Today we officially launch Dress Circle, a community built around sharing the experience of theatre.
We all have a person that we go to for theatre advice and for many of my friends and family, that person is me. For the last 8 years, I’ve kept a list of every show I’ve seen in ranked order (with a few comments) so when asked, I could easily answer the question “What show should I go and see?”
Late last year, with our love of theatre re-energised (after a pretty emotional trip to see Six), my wife and I started to convert this single list into a small website where anyone could create and share their own as well.
A ‘quick project’ that should only take a few days, evolved into a few weeks then months as we excitedly added features and suggestions from our testers. Before we knew it, we’d created a community and thus Dress Circle was born. Now with a few simple steps you can;
- Create your profile showing all the shows you’ve seen and rated.
- Earn badges for visiting different shows, venues and cities.
- Get recommendations of new shows based on your ratings.
- Follow your favourite shows, cast & creative for new production announcements
- Have a calendar of your upcoming shows (with a dynamic iCal feed!).
- Join with your friends and comment on their upcoming bookings and ratings.
- Discuss individual show rumours, changes and ask those important questions.
- See what shows your favourite actor or producer has been involved in.
Using our (patent pending) encorithm we rank every rated show on Dress Circle and as well as our top 100 shows we can recommend shows on tour, shows closing and shows near you, with a bit more information on your profile, we can start recommending new shows you will love.
From the ground up we’ve designed Dress Circle not just to focus on the West End and well known touring productions but also recommend and give an audience to more regional and smaller theatres that are telling unique stories with some amazing talent.
To celebrate the launch we are giving away 2 tickets to the Olivier award winning show Back to the Future the musical to one random person who signs up to Dress Circle and earn the onboarding badge! Find out more at dresscircle.co.uk/competition
With that it’s time to call beginners (I promised my wife I’d keep the theatre references down to a minimum) as we ask you to,
Take your seats in the Dress Circle.
What is Dress Circle?
Dress Circle is a Theatre Community designed around what shows you've seen and what you've got planned, create your profile, rate and organise shows with your friends and get recommendations for new shows and experiences